There a few songs out there that take me back to certain points of my childhood. You know, those songs that appear on the radio or on shuffle and as soon as you hear them you’re instantly transported to a certain point of your childhood.
I have 25 of my favourite childhood songs here for you today. I would like to clarify though that regretfully this was a blog post that didn’t have a lot of thought into it. I wanted to really think about this but I just ran out of time. Therefore, I put my phone on shuffle and noted down the songs that I liked and were a big part of my childhood. I’m sorry about that but I can assure you that these all have amazing memories associated with these songs.
These songs are from a few decades but I’ve limited it to 2010. I’m pretty sure the newest song is 2010 so I would have been 10 to 11 years old. However, there are some songs that are older but I got into when I was a teenager. In other words, there’s a wide variety!
Let’s get to it!
- A Night to Remember – High School Musical 3
- In The Morning – Razorlight
- America – Razorlight
- Monotone – Marcel Woods
- Any Other World – Mika
- Five Colours in Her Hair – Mcfly
- Chelsea Dagger – The Fratelis
- Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
- Teenagers – My Chemical Romance
- Never Forget You – Noisettes
- Beauty and the Beast – Beauty and the Beast
- Stick to the Status Quo – High School Musical
- Coming Home – Diddy – Dirty Money and Skylar Grey
- Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) – Shakira
- Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) – Eurythmics
- Chasing Cars – Snow Patrol
- No Limit – 2 Unlimited
- The Call – Regina Spektor
- Written in the Stars – Tinie Tempah ft Eric Turner
- The Legacy – Push
- Take on Me – Aha
- Mr Blue Sky – Electric Light Orchestra
- Reach – S Club 7
- Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
- Bring Me To Life – Evanescence
And here are those 25 songs! These all hold dear memories to me and I still listen to these songs even today! I apologise for the short post but see you next week and thank you for reading!